Start your car from virtually anywhere with your smartphone!
What is Viper SmartStart?
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keyring or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can remote start or lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your smartphone; using the popular Viper SmartStart app from Directed Electronics, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
You can also control multiple vehicles – great for families! – and assign more than one user to control a vehicle. It’s easy with SmartStart!
What’s new for Viper SmartStart 2.0?
New lower prices:
Now complete systems start at just $399 MSRP, and you can add SmartStart to most Viper systems for just $299 MSRP.
- Viper Motor Club – Free 24/7/365 roadside assistance is included with all SmartStart Secure service plans. That’s a $79/year value included at no additional charge.
- Smart Alerts – Customers receive a text message to their smartphone if their alarm triggers (with compatible security systems)*.
New service plans:
- SmartStart Secure 1-Year service plan, for $49.99 up front.
- SmartStart Secure 3-Year service plan, for $99.99 up front (that’s equivalent to one year included FREE, or less than $3/month).
- Viper Motor Club is included at no charge with all SmartStart Secure service plans. **
New Viper SmartStart systems:
- VSS3000 complete Viper SmartStart remote start system, $399 MSRP.
- VSS5000 complete Viper SmartStart security and remote start system, $599 MSRP.
- VSM200 Viper SmartStart module. Now compatible with virtually ALL Viper ESP2 security and remote start systems – ask your installer if your existing Viper system is SmartStart-ready!
Standard Viper SmartStart features
- 2-Way confirmation of commands received at vehicle.
- Smart Alerts sent via text messaging (SMS).
- Security alert messages (for security/RS or security systems only)
- Error messages if command not executed at vehicle (all Viper systems)
- Vehicle personalization – add a picture or change the name.
- Dealer locator – find the nearest dealer quickly and easily using the Find a Dealer tool.
- App passcode protection
- Password management
- Button confirmation sounds
Check out the new Smart Park Feature